NEW DATES FOR 2022 JUST RELEASED!
Places are strictly limited to 8 vehicles per trip. Book now to avoid disappointment.
12 Day Gibb River Road tour
May 12 - 23
May 29 - June 9
Lake Argyle to Broome
$5,950 per vehicle
Join Carlisle Rogers, Nikon Photographer and Producer/ Publisher of 4WD Touring Australia on a once in a lifetime trip to the Kimberley.
Carlisle will be sharing a lifetime’s worth of photography and touring experience with a select few on a photography and 4WD tagalong tour of WA’s Kimberley region.
Carlisle will be using his experience as one of Australia's best travel photographers to teach those with a passion for photography to take it to the next level.
This is the perfect opportunity to experience some of Carlisle's secret locations in this pristine part of Australia and to unlock that perfect shot you've been waiting for.
"My goal for this trip is for everyone to go home with a really amazing photo they can proudly hang on their wall.”
– Carlisle Rogers
"I have two young girls, 11 and 9, and they have not stopped talking about their adventures: swimming in Lake Argyle, experiencing some of the best sunsets, the beauty of swimming in waterholes in the gorges and the teaching from Carlisle with photography. If you're thinking about it, stop. Just get out there and do it, you will not regret it!”
– Wolf Glaessner, Kimberley Photography Tagalong 2019
Information & pricing
| Vehicle requirements:
- 4WD vehicle with low range
- Offroad or LT tyres
- Rated recovery points
- Recovery kit, tyre lever & vehicle jack
- diesel fuel capacity 150-175L
- Full size spare wheel & tyre repair kit
- Vehicle UHF & antenna
- Pre-trip mechanical check & service
- Air compressor & tyre deflator
- Suspension upgrade
- Onboard 12V fridge
- Dual battery system
- Two spare tyres
Photography gear to bring:
- DSLR or mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses and manual mode
- Extra batteries, extra memory cards!
- Camera manual (hard copy)
- Laptop and 2 hard drives to view/ back up images
- Breakfast and lunch daily
- Camping fees
- Park entrance fees
- Fishing at Home Valley
- Expert guidance through the Kimberley
- Daily one-on-one photography tutoring
- Daily photography group activities
- Full suggested packing list
- Full recovery gear
- First aid equipment
- Satellite phone for emergencies
- The Captain’s Table: Dinner each night
with one guest vehicle
- Everyone gets a Matso’s beer on me at Cable Beach!
- Max 8 guest vehicles
- A copy of The Philosophy of Travel book
$5,950 per vehicle
For more information:
0412 667 124
Day 1 - Lake Argyle
A picture-perfect start to experiencing the Kimberley, Lake Argyle is a stunning mirror on sunset.
Day 2 - El Questro Station
We’ll check out some of the 4wding on one of the largest stations in the world, with a sunset picnic.
Day 3 - El Questro Station
We will visit Zebedee Springs & Emma Gorge for a swim and more 4WDing options on the station.
Day 4 - Home Valley Station
Crossing the Pentecost River, barra fishing and the best outback pub in the Kimberley!
Day 5 - Home Valley Station
More barra fishing, exploration and the best outback pub in the Kimberley!
Day 6 - Mt Elizabeth Station
Today we’re driving out to Mt Elizabeth via Ellenbrae Station, home to the Gibb’s best (only) scones.
Day 7 - Mt Elizabeth Station
Treck out to Wunnamurra Gorge - great 4wding and one of the best swimming holes on the Gibb.
Day 8 - Manning River
Manning River hike - a full day 5km hike across the Manning River to the falls - swim at both ends!
Day 9 - Bell Gorge
Galvans Gorge on the way out to Bell Gorge, the largest and most spectacular gorge on the Gibb.
Day 10 - Tunnel Creek & Windjana Gorge
Morning hike through Tunnel Creek, afternoon at Windjana Gorge for sunset.
Day 11 - Cable Beach
Long highway drive to Broome’s Cable Beach for sunset drinks.
Day 12 - James Price Point
Day trip up Manari Road to James Price and Coulomb Point. Trip ends today, but I’ll be camping up there.
LEARN ON LOCATION
- Shooting long exposures and timelapses
- Getting the most out of the ‘golden hour’
- Improving your composition
- Capturing wildlife
- Understanding the basics of DSLRs
- Editing photos in Photoshop
- One on one training – improving your passion
- Drone photography tips
Package cost is $5,950 per vehicle. Click here to book your spot!
Please get in touch if you have more than one vehicle or any other enquires, we can usually discount for larger groups.*
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0412 667 124 or complete your details below and we will get in touch.
*Must have own capable 4WD, camping accommodation, DSLR and a sense of adventure.
Full terms and conditions