NT: Barunga Festival
• An Indigenous event with music, sport and culture events in Barunga, 70km southeast of Katherine.
• Feature events include the Barunga Art Prize, an International Didgeridoo Competition, Story Telling Circle as well as AFL, softball and basketball contests.
• Great dry season camping for travellers and fun activities for the kids.
NSW: Bre Big Fish
• An annual fishing event that attracts more than 400 anglers.
• Help the Brewarrina Fishing Club to reduce the amount of pest fish such as carp and restock the Barwon-Darling River with native fish so visitors and locals can continue to catch cod and yellow belly.
SA: SA Truck and Ute Show
• Love big hunks of metal? Then don’t miss the street parade, show’n’shine and truck competitions for polished prime movers, trucks and utes at Mannum.
• Free entertainment, face painting and jumping castle for the kids.
• More than 70 trucks, utes and 4WDs on display and competing for 40 prize categories.
NSW: Central Coast Craft Beer and Cider Festival
• Park the 4WD and drink up at The Kincumber Hotel.
• Local brewers from the Central Coast and surrounds will show off their huge variety of craft beer and cider varieties.
VIC: Arthur Cornelius Memorial car race
• The Wahgunyah Speedway in Wahgunyah will host a range of speedway events including the Wahgunyah Automotive 1000 and Arthur Cornelius Memorial race.
• Production sedan competition, V8 Super Modifieds and round three of the
Victorian sports track championship, GOSA track championship, the VSC junior
track championship and ladies track championship.
• A Humpy Holden demonstration.
VIC: Bellarine Community Farmers’ Market
• Stock up your travelling larder with local produce at this community market at Ocean Grove Park, around 1.5 hours from Melbourne.
• Check out the Shared Community Stall, whereby small scale producers collaborate on one volunteer-run stall.
• Buskers provide entertainment and there’s a Kids Corner Marquee with cool stuff for the younger crowd to do.
0418 141 208
QLD: Teebar Rodeo and Campdraft 2017
• Cowboys and cowgirls welcome to this rodeo with a campdraft, ute muster, amusement rides, live entertainment, competitions and displays.
• This an annual community event is held on the grounds at Teebar, 50km west of Maryborough.